|The Maestro - Small||The Maestro X - Medium|
For those with small faces, finding sunglasses that fit well and look good can seem like a daunting task. Styles that look incredible on others can easily overpower your face. Other styles slide right off your nose.
Fear not, you don’t have to resort to shopping in the kid’s section! Your perfect pair of sunnies are out there—you just need to know what to look for.
In this article, we’ll be sharing a list of stylish yet affordable sunglasses suited to small faces, but first, let’s cover some technical details to help guide you on your hunt.
How to Choose the Correct Sunglasses Size
The secret to choosing a perfectly fitting pair of sunglasses for your petite face is simple: know your frame measurements. The best place to start is with a well-fitting pair of sunglasses you already own.
Search for the three little numbers on the inside of your sunglasses’ temple (sometimes referred to as the “arm”). They will look like this: 51-19-144 (although the numbers will differ depending on the measurements of each pair of sunglasses). These are the sunglasses’ measurements.
From left to right, the measurements appear in the following order:
- Lens width: Also called eye size, this refers to the width of the lenses at the widest part. It’s the most common measurement you’ll see in reference to the size of sunglasses. It typically ranges between 40mm and 60mm.
- Bridge width: This is the width of the piece of metal or plastic that connects the two lenses together and rests over your nose. The size of this piece ranges from 14mm to 24mm.
- Temple length: The temple is the “arm” that keeps the sunglasses on your face. The temple length starts at the hinges and continues to the temple tip, including the bend that sits on your ear. The temple length is typically 120mm to 150mm.
Write these numbers down and when choosing new sunglasses, select a pair with the same measurements.
How to Measure Your Face for Sunglasses
Don’t have a pair of sunglasses to refer to? Don’t worry. You can easily measure the distance between your temples to determine the best size for your face.
- Look into a mirror and place a straight ruler length-wise across your face, so it’s lined up with each temple. Your temples are the flat parts on each side of the front part of your head, between your ear and the outer corner of your eye.
- Measure the distance across your face in inches, from one temple to the other.
- Then, use the chart below to determine the ideal frame size for your face based on the measurement you just took.
Suggested Frame Size
4.5 to 5.1
49 to 54
5.25 to 5.5
55 to 57
5.75 to 6.25
58 to 63
Generally, What Size Sunglasses Are Best for Small Faces?
If you don’t have a pair of well-fitting sunglasses and you’re not in the measuring mood, we’ve got you! Below we’ve included general measurement recommendations for sunglasses that will suit most people with small faces.
- Lens width: Choose lenses between 47mm to 52mm. For round frames, it’s best not to exceed 48 mm.
- Bridge width: A 15mm to 22mm bridge is recommended for small faces. If you choose round frames, you may need a slightly wider bridge (up to 22mm).
- Temple length: Generally, a temple length between 130mm and 145mm is ideal for petite faces
The Best and Worst Frame Shapes for Small Faces
It’s time to talk shapes. When it comes to flattering frame shapes for small faces, rectangular, oval, rimless, and classic cat-eye are top choices.
Square and round frames can also work, as long as they’re on the smaller side. If the frames are too large, they can drown out your features and overpower your face.
Additionally, it can be helpful to pay attention to your face shape when choosing your frames. For example, if you have a round face, go for a pair of rectangular glasses to balance out the roundness. Have a square face? Oval or round glasses make for a great fit.
As for which shapes to avoid, those with small faces generally don’t mesh well with tall or oversized frames, as they can make the face appear even smaller. That being said, oversized is so in right now, so you can probably pull off a slightly more oversized look these days.
Top Sunglasses for Small Faces
Now that we’ve got the nitty-gritty out of the way, let’s get to the fun part! Here are the top Privé Revaux styles for small faces.
#1: The Maestro Sunglasses
Looking for classic shades that are effortlessly cool and “perfect for chillin’,” as one of our founders, Jamie Foxx, says? The Maestro Sunglasses have you covered.
These round, unisex frames are ideal for small faces that are oval-, square-, or diamond-shaped. Available in an array of popular colors, this style is adaptable to any outfit or occasion, from a bougie brunch to a backyard BBQ.
Psst: Check out our Maestro Metal Sunglasses for a sleek twist on our classic Maestros!
#2: The Dicey Sunglasses
The classic wayfarer silhouette meets modern edginess with The Dicey. These unisex, square shades with metal detailing perfectly complement small oval, round, and diamond face shapes.
Wear these frames while lounging at the pool or out on the town for sun protection that’s equal parts functional and trendy.
#3: The Victoria Mini Sunglasses
Me-owww! The Victoria Mini features the iconic cat-eye design, just in a smaller size for petite faces. But don’t get it twisted—these sunnies have just as much chicness and sass as their larger counterparts!
Ideal for ladies with oval-, square-, and diamond-shaped faces, these chocolate- and tortoise-colored shades are every small-faced fashionista’s dream.
#4: The Yorke Sunglasses
Featuring geometric angles and triangular accents, The Yorke is an excellent match for smaller-faced folks looking for a comfortable fit without sacrificing style.
These square frames mesh particularly well with oval, round, and diamond face shapes and come in three neutral colors that will elevate any outfit.
#5: The Pixi Sunglasses
With a unique, geometric frame and delicate detailing, these one-of-a-kind sunglasses are sure to turn heads. They feature a straight brow bar, dramatic lens angles, and a thin eye frame—a winning combo for small round, oval, and square face shapes.
Find these stylish shades in captivating colors, including white/gold, purple, and caviar black/gold.
Find Your Match
Sunglasses are not a one-size-fits-all accessory. Just like understanding your body type makes finding a killer pair of jeans easier, knowing (and embracing) your face shape and size can help you find a head-turning pair of sunnies that fit like they were made for you.
Remember, the tips and info we shared today are simply guidelines and a place to start. If you love a frame shape or style, do some digging. You may be able to find that style in a size or modified shape that works for you.
Ready to meet your perfect match? Explore Privé Revaux’s offerings to find a pair of affordable, on-trend shades that fit your style, personality, and small face like a glove.