CCPA: California Consumer Privacy Act
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Shine the Light. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California users who ask about business practices related to disclosing Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. The Shine the Light law further requires us to allow California residents to opt out of certain disclosures of Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please fill out the form or submit a written request to at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information We Collect. We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”). The CCPA sets forth certain categories of information under Cal. Civil Code §1798.140 (o)(1) and we have listed all of those categories below. For each category, we have provided information as to whether or not we have collected Personal Information under those categories within the last twelve (12) months:
Identifiers. We collect Personal Information of Users of our website, which fall within the category of Identifiers and which include Personal Information such as: A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
Personal information categories listed in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) (the California Customer Records Statute). We collect personal information such as account profiles, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, as provided by you.
Commercial Information. This includes information such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. Included in this category is:
- Information we receive from you in your use of the website in order to use our Company’s Service.
- Information about Company’s Service including:
- information about your use of Company’s Service (including account related information such as payment information, purchase history);
- customer services information; and
- customer relationship management and marketing information.
Biometric Information. We collect biometric information such as username in connection with a password as part of your account.
Internet or other electronic network activity information. We collect internet and other electronic network activity information such as browsing history, search history, interactions with our website, email applications, and advertisements.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. We do not collect sensory information such as audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or other similar Personal Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Professional or employment related information. We do not collect professional or employment related information with regard to job applications, employment records, professional association memberships and other job-related Personal Information.
Inferences drawn from other Personal Information. We collect information that may be considered a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
Categories of Sources. We collect this personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Consumers (information received directly from you);
- Service providers;
- Affiliates not under the Prive Revaux brand
- Our commercial purposes, including marketing, advertising, and enabling commercial transactions.
- Our business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services (for us or our service provider) such as account servicing, processing orders and payments, and analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- Other one-time uses.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights and Choices. If you are consumer as defined in the CCPA, i.e., a resident of California as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations, you have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information under the CCPA. Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
Right to Request Information Collected and Shared for a Business Purpose. If we collect Personal Information about you that is disclosed for a business purpose, you have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information about you is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of Personal Information we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Right Not to Be Discriminated Against. you have the right to not be discriminated against by a business because you exercised any of the consumer's rights under the CCPA.
Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions, as outlined below (Verification and Record-Keeping).
Right to Request Access and Data Portability. Upon receipt of a verifiable request from you to access your Personal Information we shall promptly take steps to disclose and deliver, free of charge to you, the Personal Information in accordance with Cal. Civil Code §1798.100 (d). The Personal Information may be delivered by mail or electronically, and if provided electronically, the information shall be in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit this information to another entity without hindrance. We may provide Personal Information to you, but we are not required to provide Personal Information to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
Verification and Record-keeping.
If you are a California resident, we will process your request to exercise your Rights in accordance with California Laws. When a request is made, we may first take steps to sufficiently verify your identity to protect your privacy and security. Once we confirm your identity and verify your consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise our right to free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your Personal Information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided it.
A record concerning the requests may be maintained pursuant to our legal obligations. Further, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if such request is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded.
Learn more about our Privacy Policies at https://priverevaux.com/pages/privacy-policy